Monday, April 2, 2012

Chapter 1

Finishing the first chapter of The Great Gatsby has me wondering a lot of things and makes me want to read more! I actually think I am really going to enjoy this book which really excites me. I love the mysterious element that surrounds the "Gatsby" character. I also like how every main character is introduced in the book's first chapter. I do not like Tom Buchanan, he is very cocky and abrupt, and his wife some what rubs me the wrong way as well. I am very curious to see what will happen with Jordan and Nick, you do not see much of her personality in the first chapter but I am interested to find out more about her and learn her story. I think Nick has the perfect personality for a narrator. He is honest, and not judgmental which makes two great traits in someone describing such a petty, fake environment. It made me a little sad to learn about Tom cheating on Daisy. Even though she seems to be okay with it I know that there has to be something else going on with her. She may be fine with her role but I want to see her real personality and I think that the book will reveal her vulnerabilities eventually.

No comments:

Post a Comment